Here’s How to Check for Head Lice
What you’ll need:
- A wide toothed comb (for detangling)
- A metal Comb, we suggest a professional grade comb that can be purchased online (and delivered to your doorstep same day in most cases if you reside in Virginia Beach) or shipped NDA. If a professional lice comb is not an option you can use the metal combs sold at the local drug store but don’t use the plastic combs that come in the OTC lice kits.
- Great Light (Sunlight is the best). You can use a desk lamp or anything that puts more light on the situation.
- Water or a professional Nit Dissolving Solution or Mousse (50/50 Vinegar & Water may also be used if you can’t purchase a professional solution).
- Paper Towels
Here’s what to do:
- Detangle the hair with a brush or wide toothed comb.
- Wet the hair with the nit glue dissolver.
- Begin combing with your professional nit comb from the front of the hair all the way through to the bottom wiping your comb off on each side into a piece of a damp paper towel.
- Do this for the whole head in 1 1/2 inch sections (kind of like carpet cleaning, you know how you over lap the last strip cleaned just a little bit). Wiping the comb with every swipe. If your child has extremely thick hair you can do a horizontal split from ear to ear and clip the top half of the hair up while you work on the bottom half and then release the top half and begin combing the entire head from front to back.
If your child has head lice you will see either lice or nits on the paper towel.
If you live in Virginia Beach or the surrounding area and are dealing with a head lice infestation call on the experts at Let’s Be PALS and get rid of lice today!
Some popular Virginia Beach neighborhoods we service:
- Chesapeake Beach
- Kings Grant
- Green Run
- North End
- Princess Anne
- Great Neck
- Shore Drive
- Indian River
Does your child attend School in Virginia Beach? We’ve treated thousands of children for head lice in the Hampton Roads area attending every school in Virginia Beach not just elementary school age children.
Lice don’t discriminate, anyone can get head lice. It’s important to do a head check on all family members when lice is discovered in the house hold.
You will not be able to properly diagnose a head lice infestation just by looking at their head. Wet head checks are 70% more effective at detecting live lice than a dry head check.
We’ve treated families for head lice in most of the area Virginia Beach Schools:
Alanton Elementary. Arrowhead Elementary. Bayside Elementary. Bayside High. Bayside Middle. Birdneck Elementary. Brandon Middle. Brookwood Elementary. Centerville Elementary. Christopher Farms Elementary. College Park Elementary. Cooke Elementary. Corporate Landing Elementary. Corporate Landing Middle. Cox High. Creeds Elementary. Dey Elementary. Diamond Springs Elementary. Fairfield Elementary. First Colonial High. Glenwood Elementary. Great Neck Middle. Green Run Collegiate. Green Run Elementary. Green Run High. Hermitage Elementary. Holland Elementary. Independence Middle. Indian Lakes Elementary. Kellam High. Kemps Landing/Old Donation School. Kempsville Elementary. Kempsville High. Kempsville Meadows Elementary. Kempsville Middle. Kings Grant Elementary. Kingston Elementary. Landstown Elementary. Landstown High. Landstown Middle. Larkspur Middle. Linkhorn Park Elementary. Luxford Elementary. Lynnhaven Elementary. Lynnhaven Middle. Malibu Elementary. New Castle Elementary. Newtown Elementary. North Landing Elementary. Ocean Lakes Elementary. Ocean Lakes High. Parkway Elementary. Pembroke Elementary. Pembroke Meadows Elementary. Plaza Middle. Point O View Elementary. Princess Anne Elementary. Princess Anne High. Princess Anne Middle. Providence Elementary. Red Mill Elementary. Renaissance Academy. Rosemont Elementary. Rosemont Forest Elementary. Salem Elementary. Salem High. Salem Middle. Seatack Elementary. Shelton Park Elementary. Strawbridge Elementary. Tallwood Elementary. Tallwood High. Thalia Elementary. Thoroughgood Elementary. Three Oaks Elementary. Trantwood Elementary. Virginia Beach Middle. White Oaks Elementary. Williams Elementary. Windsor Oaks Elementary. Windsor Woods Elementary. Woodstock Elementary